EVERY PLAYERS NEEDS A GOLF CANADA MEMBERSHIP IN ORDER TO PLAY IN EACH EVENT. IF THE PLAYER DOESN'T GET A GOLF CANADA MEMBERSHIP THEY WILL PAY AS A SCRATCH GOLFER.
The format is 2-man scramble, stroke play at 50% median handicap between two players (ex:If player 1 has a 4 handicap and player 2 has a 8 handicap there team handicap will be 3). All handicaps .5 or higher will be rounded up. Additionally all other rules will follow the USGA/ CPGA Rules of Golf.
Each event will be played under the USGA/CPGA rules of golf with two footnotes: 1) local rules apply and will be defined before competition; 2) Commissioner Jacob and Brandon have the final say on everything.
Canadian Two Ball Scramble Rules:
- Both players tee off. From there, the two players decide on the best ball to play
- The golfer's ball the team decides to use must remain in place while the second player gets a square of 1 scorecard in size to play their shot.
- This process will continue until the team has a golf ball on the green they decide to play.
- When playing on the green, mark the ball the team decides to use, place a ball mark of the partner one putter head length from the ball no closer to the hole. Once the first player has putt, the second player can use the same putter head length to place the ball mark back in as close of a position as possible to the initial ball.
- THE BALL MUST HIT THE BOTTOM OF THE CUP. For this event, there are ZERO Gimmies and all teams must play out until their ball has reached the hole.
- The team will then record their GROSS score onto the card. ie, if your team makes par on a par 4, you will write “4” on your scorecard. If it is a hole where your team gets a stroke (determined by a dot on the scorecard) the scorers, post round, will apply that to the final score.
- Local rules and regulations will apply in regards to hazards and unplayable locations around the golf course.
If there is a ruling that needs to be discussed or talked over, please reach out to any of the staff helping with The Canadian Two Ball Scramble.
- Most important thing with The Canadian Two Ball Scramble….HAVE FUN!!! Enjoy the match and play to the best of your abilities and we hope to see you up at Taboo this Fall!
Tie Breaker Rules: If two teams in any of the qualifying events post the same score The Canadian Two Ball Scramble will use 18 hole retrogression to break the tie.
EVENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
General Event Overview: The Canadian Two man scramble is a series of golf events culminating in a year-end championship. Each one-day golf event is comprised of two person teams playing scramble format. The events are open to all golfers 19 years or older. The course date and start time are subject to change.
Eligibility and Rules of Golf: The Canadian Two man scramble is open to all golfers 16 years or older. An official Golf Canada sanctioned handicap is required to participate, and you must provide your Golf Canada Number upon request. Participants assume personal responsibility for ensuring that their amateur status under USGA/CPGA rules is not adversely affected by participation in these events. Play is governed by the current USGA/CPGA Rules of Golf, local rules for each course, and any Canadian Two man scramble rules. Questions with respect to the rules of golf, local rules and Canadian Two man scramble rules, and scoring will be settled by a Canadian Two man scramble representative presiding over the event, whose decision will be final.
Entries/Registration Fees: Space for each local event is limited, and entries will be accepted on a “first come-first served” basis. Registration fees are non-refundable, non-transferable, and all sales are final. Your registration is a license to attend a specific event you have purchased the ticket for, and such license can be revoked at any time if any of these Terms & Conditions or any host golf course code of conduct are violated by Participant.
Participant Obligations and Acknowledgements:
Participant is required to provide true, accurate, complete, and current information about themselves and their Golf Canada handicap and information related thereto.
Participant acknowledges that Canadian Two man Tourney has the right to suspend, refuse access to, or refuse to pay any potential prize money if it is determined that Participant has provided inaccurate, untruthful, or misleading information about themselves or their Golf Canada handicap, or has violated these Terms and Conditions in any manner whatsoever.
Cash prizes are void where prohibited.
Equipment: Participant shall be responsible for providing their own equipment, and Canadian Two man scramble cannot make any representation or guarantee that any course will provide equipment available for rent.
Event Cancellation & Inclement Weather Policy:
In the event that any of the following weather occurs:
- Heavy Rain/imminent thunder and lightning
- Tornado Warning
This is the procedure:
- If we blow the air horn once, finish out the hole you are currently playing and then immediately come to the clubhouse
- If we blow the air horn twice then place a tee where your golf ball is, pick it up and immediately come to the club house or nearest shelter.
- Once everyone is together we will make an announcement on further proceedings.
If the weather precludes us from finishing the tournament the day of, one of the following options will be in effect:
- Front 9 scores will be tallied and will be used to determine who will be qualifying
- Everyone will get a rain check and the qualifying date will be moved to a later date
PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited, an entrant’s participation in the Canadian Two man scramble constitutes consent to the worldwide, royalty-free use of his/her name, photo, and/or likeness, biographical information, entry, and statements attributed to him/her by Canadian Two man Tourney for promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion on the Canadian Two man Tourney website, or other Canadian Two man Tourney websites or apps, in its e-mail communications and any other media chosen by Canadian Two man Tourney without compensation.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: (A) PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT THEIR REGISTRATION, ATTENDANCE, AND PARTICIPATION IS AT PARTICIPANT’S SOLE RISK. NEITHER Canadian Two man scramble, ITS AFFILIATES OR PARENT COMPANIES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SPONSORS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WHATSOEVER, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, SERVICE, OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE Canadian Two man scramble. THE Canadian Two man scramble, AND ANY PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES PROVIDED THEREWITH ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT.
(B) NEITHER Canadian Two man scramble, ITS AFFILIATES OR PARENT COMPANIES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS SHALL BE LIABLE REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OR DURATION, FOR ANY ERRORS, INACCURACIES, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER DEFECTS IN, OR UNTIMELINESS OR INAUTHENTICITY OF, THE INFORMATION RELATING TO THE Canadian Two man scramble, OR FOR ANY CLAIMS OR LOSSES ARISING THEREFROM OR OCCASIONED THEREBY. IN NO EVENT WILL ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE REGISTRATION, ATTENDANCE, AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN THE Canadian Two man scramble, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY TRAVEL RELATED THERETO, OR AS A RESULT OF ANY PRIZE, OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OF ANY PRIZE.
(C) PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT NEITHER Canadian Two Ball Scramble, ITS AFFILIATES OR PARENT COMPANIES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SPONSORS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS ARE LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER PARTICIPANTS OR THIRD-PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH PARTICIPANT.